Bay Circuit Alliance AMC-Trustees Joint Statement
November 1, 2016
In January 2012 the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) and The Trustees agreed to collaborate to lead the Bay Circuit Alliance and continue the legacy left by Alan French and many members of the Alliance.
Since then the Bay Circuit Alliance (BCA) has made tremendous strides including:
- Hiring a Director of Operations (currently housed at AMC)
- A new website, Facebook Page and Instagram account
- New trail signage
- A new trail maintenance manual
- A Bay Circuit Trail Map and Guide
- Development of a GIS tool to identify land in need of protection within the greenway
- Creation of a policy document that defines dedicated trail
- An end-to-end pin for those completing the entire trail
- Monthly trail work projects along the trail
Moving forward we plan to keep the momentum going as the AMC steps into a sole leadership role of the Bay Circuit Alliance. The Trustees will continue to be involved on the Advisory Committee, help protect land within the greenway and continue to promote recreation on the Bay Circuit Trail through their properties.
With this change there will no longer be a Board of Directors. The Advisory Committee and Bay Circuit Trail Committee will remain and many of the Bay Circuit efforts will continue to be led by volunteers. We are extremely thankful to Ron McAdow for his leadership as Chair of the Board of Directors.
We look forward to stewarding, protecting and promoting the Bay Circuit Trail and Greenway so that it can continue to be used by the millions of people that live and work near it and for future generations.
John Judge Barbara Erickson
President & CEO President & CEO
Appalachian Mountain Club The Trustees